Author
Topic: could guide me please

adrumeremo

Good day , I would like to know how to modify a articulation finale 14 , trying to strengthen (roll) a note , I changed the sound of the snare and runs like a roll of cowbell, I should do to make it run with the corresponding sound ?

Use windows 8, finale 2014 kontakt 5 virtual drumline 2.5 and template that you made.

(an apology because I do not speak English and am using trtaductor of google)

TBoliske

If I understand your question correctly, my first suggestion is to use the single slash articulation. This will change the value of the note it is attached to. In the example of your images, the single eighth note would sound as 2 sixteenth notes, creating a double stroke roll.

Let me know if this helps solve your problem.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

adrumeremo

thank you very much , I have achieved after many hours it sound right but now I have a problem loading the template because I find the correct sound , up or down each note on the staff there are many intermediate sound, which leads me to ask how I configured not be so difficult to write me a score.

responding as solved ? ..... Modifying what they see on my screenshot and saving the template as a file ( .musx )

someone could send me a file here so already configured to only be open and write?

thank you in advance for any inconvenience taken to respond very well because it is complicated by the limitation of language.

TBoliske

I am glad to hear that your first question has been answered.

As for finding the sounds that you want to hear, this is no simple solution. All of the sounds available for each instrument are built into the templates. It is possible to modify both the Percussion MIDI Maps and/or the Percussion Layouts to include only those sounds you would use and ignore all of the others. This process is not exactly simple and would take considerable time. The easiest solution is to keep a copy of the maps that are included with your Virtual Drum Line documentation on hand. Then use those when entering notes. With time, practice, and regular use you will learn where to find the notes and sounds used most often.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

adrumeremo

very nice thank you, we 'll be in touch , I hope soon to buy the template sibelius 7 as also I own that program and I'll see which one it makes me more , having a great week greetings from Puebla, Mexico .