Author
Topic: S7S Template 7.1a does not appear under Add Instrument

VIOLYN

Hello.  A few days ago I bought the Sib S7S Template 7.1a.   I have updated Sibelius sounds, have placed the xml file in the proper place, but the template is not appearing in the dropdown list as what appears on page 9 of the readme file.   Can you tell me how to rectify this?  I am on Mac OS 10.10.1 and Sibelius 7.5.1.  Perhaps this only works for Sibelius 7, and not 7.5????   Thanks for your help.  Lyn

Hugh Smith

Hi Lyn, welcome to the forum.

Did you open a copy of the template file? In the package you downloaded, there is a Sibelius file called "S7S_Template_7.1a.sib". Make a copy of this file, rename it, and then open it, you'll find the S7S Template Ensemble of instruments. You can also follow the directions on how to Export Manuscript Paper on page 24 of the Readme.

Let me know if how you get on.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

VIOLYN

Thanks much! I loaded the template file, and then the sound set appeared under Instruments.  I put in a Violins 1 and it played fine.  I am a little confused about putting in Dictionary terms though.  I understand that the parentheses means these are in the keypads.  I typed in a bartok pizz, and it worked, but when I tried to change the next measure to a "molto vib" for example, it wouldn't remove the bartok pizz.  Is there something I have to do to delete the bartok pizz first before I type the molto vib? 

Are the dictionary items in the "Maps" pdf specific to the S7S sound set, or do they also work in tandem to the regular dictionary items in the regular Sibelius sounds library? 

Do I need to be tweaking anything in the mixer besides setting the middle option to Auto?

Thanks for your help.  I'm getting there.

Lyn

Hugh Smith

Quote from: VIOLYN on January 18, 2015, 05:25:01 PM
... I put in a Violins 1 and it played fine.  I am a little confused about putting in Dictionary terms though.  I understand that the parentheses means these are in the keypads.  I typed in a bartok pizz, and it worked, but when I tried to change the next measure to a "molto vib" for example, it wouldn't remove the bartok pizz.  Is there something I have to do to delete the bartok pizz first before I type the molto vib?

By default, "molto vib" will not cancel anything else. However, all you need to do is place a "~nat." or "~reset" just after where you want the "bartok pizz" to end. Be sure to check out the PlayTest files for examples of each instrument (load one up and isolate a staff for playback).

Are the dictionary items in the "Maps" pdf specific to the S7S sound set, or do they also work in tandem to the regular dictionary items in the regular Sibelius sounds library?

I don't know exactly how many of them also work in the regular Sibelius sound library (theoretically most of them should), but the ones I've listed in the Maps file are designed specifically for the S7S SoundSet.

Do I need to be tweaking anything in the mixer besides setting the middle option to Auto?

If you're not using another sample library then no (Sibelius and the sound set should handle all the auto-loading for you). Of course that's where your volume sliders and Smart Knobs are if you need to tweak those.

Sounds to me like you're getting there. :)

Hugh

Hugh Smith