Author
Topic: Buzz Articulation (Z) Missing?

GeoffreyDMartin

Hello,
I am new to Finale but have used VDL and the Write Score templates with Sibelius for years.
I am trying to add a buzz articulation to an instrument from the Default TWS template. I cannot find the symbol (Z). (See attachment 1)
When I open another file, not from a TWS template, I see a different set of articulations, which includes the buzz articulation symbol (attachment 2).
Is there another place to look for this, or a way to import articulations from another file into a TWS template?
I have tried the other two templates as well, and the symbol is not in those articulation libraries either.

I am using Finale 2014 with TWS "FIN14_Default.musx" Template on Mac OS 10.10.1

Thank you

TBoliske

Thanks for catching this one. I'm not certain why it would be missing from the templates.

To add the articulation do the following, after adding a note select the Articulation Tool > select the note you wish to add the articulation to > click Create (in the lower right corner of the box) > Select Main > scroll through the available articulations  and select #122. You may also repeat for Flipped and set Options and Positioning as desired.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths