Author
Topic: Finale 2012 - Combo Instrument Playback

MrJeremy

Hello.

I am having problems with my combo instruments. I have re installed Finale / VDL / Kontakt recently, and the Write Score. My Battery and Mallet playback just fine, but when I add a Combo (Rack A for example), and set up the playback...there is no sound with it. Also when I go into Score Manager and Notation Stlye it shows all Custom #'s instead of the sounds. Any help? I have attached images to show. (The top 2 in the Layout Designer were ones I added to try to get them to work...which they didn't)

PC - Windows 7 x64
Finale 2012
VDL 2.5
Kontakt 5

Thanks!

TBoliske

1. Make sure that your midi banks and channels match for those staves.

2. Check the MIDI Maps assignments in Score Manager. They are found in the main window on the far right side. If you don't see that column then click the Customize View button and check to make the column visible.

3. In some instances, you must set the Percussion MIDI Map first, then select the matching Percussion Layout.

Let me know if this helps solve the problem.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

MrJeremy

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...I've been pretty busy.

All those seem to be in order.  I even tried creating a new staff and making sure everything lined up, and it is all Custom #'s in the list, not what the actual sounds are...and no playback  :(

TBoliske

Please attach a screen shot rather than add it to the post. I am unable to see the Score Manger frame.
Ted Boliske

MrJeremy

It is Combo Rack A on Ch 13

TBoliske

Everything in the screen shots appears correct. The usual cause for this problem involves the Percussion MIDI Map assignment. This is the only column in the Score Manager  which is not visible. The Percussion MIDI Maps are the XML files that were copied to the Finale folder when installing the templates. They contain all of the sound names and midi note/number assignments for an instrument.

To verify that you have selected the correct Percussion MIDI Map, click the Customize View button just below the lower right corner of the main Score Manager Window then check Percussion MIDI Map for display.
Ted Boliske

MrJeremy

Quote from: TBoliske on February 24, 2015, 09:26:29 AM
Everything in the screen shots appears correct. The usual cause for this problem involves the Percussion MIDI Map assignment. This is the only column in the Score Manager  which is not visible. The Percussion MIDI Maps are the XML files that were copied to the Finale folder when installing the templates. They contain all of the sound names and midi note/number assignments for an instrument.

To verify that you have selected the correct Percussion MIDI Map, click the Customize View button just below the lower right corner of the main Score Manager Window then check Percussion MIDI Map for display.

That was it.  It works now.

Thanks for all your help!

TBoliske

Good to hear.
Ted Boliske