Author
Topic: S7Sounds and VDL Tempalte - Issues After Merging

Houston Youngman

Hello. I just purchased the S7S Template and am using it with the VDL Template that I have. I followed the steps in Appendix D of the ReadMe file and am having some issues with playback. The Drumset Manual instrument that I choose from the instruments tab does not play back like it did before merging the two house styles. I checked my notehead count like it said to in the appendix, and it goes up to 63. I chose the drumset from the VDL template's set of instruments like I normally do; however, it is not playing back like it should. Any ideas? I'm assuming that it is using the drumset from the Sibelius 7 Sounds library instead.

Thanks!
I am running macOS Sierra on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sibelius 8.5 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Hi Houston

Just for the sake of argument - and for future projects, I'll have someone add the S7S-VDL Bundle to your account, which has all those bits already in one .sib file.

Quote from: Houston Youngman on March 05, 2015, 03:47:24 PM
Hello. I just purchased the S7S Template and am using it with the VDL Template that I have. I followed the steps in Appendix D of the ReadMe file and am having some issues with playback. The Drumset Manual instrument that I choose from the instruments tab does not play back like it did before merging the two house styles. I checked my notehead count like it said to in the appendix, and it goes up to 63. I chose the drumset from the VDL template's set of instruments like I normally do; however, it is not playing back like it should. Any ideas? I'm assuming that it is using the drumset from the Sibelius 7 Sounds library instead.

It sounds like you've done everything correctly. What does the Mixer say got loaded?
Hugh Smith

Houston Youngman

I checked the mixer and it had the Sibelius Player chosen for the drumset. I switched it and everything works properly now. Thank you!

A file for use with the bundle would be very helpful, I appreciate that. That will permanently take care of the issue?
I am running macOS Sierra on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sibelius 8.5 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Quote from: Houston Youngman on March 06, 2015, 05:56:05 PM
I checked the mixer and it had the Sibelius Player chosen for the drumset. I switched it and everything works properly now. Thank you!

For some reason Sibelius still doesn't always select the correct device for you - though it's supposed to. A quick check in the Mixer, like you've done, should take care of it.

You're welcome.

Quote from: Houston Youngman on March 06, 2015, 05:56:05 PM
That will permanently take care of the issue?

I'm not sure what you mean. Please elaborate.
Hugh Smith