Author
Topic: Sib 6 VDL 2.5.5 OSX 10.10.2

gilldrums

Hi - this has been asked before and I've tried several different solutions to no avail.

After following the instructions and installing the 7.0a template, I am not seeing the 7.0a soundset in Sib when I activate Kontakt 5.  It's only General MIDI, and some other junk soundsets Sibelius has by default (which I wish I could delete).

Is there an additional directory I need to put the xml file into?  Other files I should delete?  I'm dead in the water so any info would be appreciated!

Hugh Smith

Does the Sibelius default "Virtual Drumline 2.5" sound set show up in the drop down list of the instantiated Kontakt Player?

Please attach screen shots.
Hugh Smith

gilldrums

Thanks so much.  Screenshots attached.

Hugh Smith

You need to use Kontakt Player 4 in Sibelius 6. Swap out the device and see if it shows up.

And ideally you'll want to use an AU version of KP4 too. See attached image of what it looks like in my Sib 6 install on my Mac.

And depending on exactly which version of KP4 you have, you may consider getting the newer/correct one via Tapspace (version 4.2.4).
Hugh Smith

gilldrums

That was it! Thanks, man - I was so focused on trying to get the template going with KP5 in Sib6.  Back in business.

Hugh Smith

Excellent!

Have a great day!
Hugh Smith