Author
Topic: Need Help w/ Set-up of Sibelius 7.5, VDL, and Kontakt Player 5

nharbel

After multiple years of not writing and arranging I am finally back on the path to enlightenment. :) Unfortunately, I'm having problems getting all of my software to recognize each other and work together. Jim from Tapspace said this was the place to get help. After the old desktop got turned into the "TV" for Hulu, I have had to load everything on to the new hard drives in my laptop. The last time I put all of this together I had a different OS and different versions of Sibelius, VDL, and Kontakt Player. I currently have Sibelius 7.5, VDL 2.5 (with plans to update to 2.5.5), and Kontakt Player 5 on a Windows 7 machine. Can anyone provide step-by-step directions to coordinate all the software to work together? Everything is loaded onto my system, but nothing recognizes each other. Thanks in advance for helping me! 
Dell Studio 17 Laptop - Intel i7 1.73 GHz, 8 GB RAM
MS Win 7 64-bit
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5
Ableton Live 8
M-Audio Prokeys 88 keyboard

Hugh Smith

If you plan on getting VDL 2.5.5, don't wait, get it now.

Aside from following the individual instructions for installing each of the items you've listed, have you purchased the VDL Template yet?

Does VDL playback in stand alone mode?
Hugh Smith

nharbel

It seems to work in stand alone mode. However, I don't remember exactly how to load each instrument that I want. It seems like I only have available the Lite mode for instruments. It's been a few years since I've used all of this so I'm beyond rusty. :)

I have not purchased a recent template or the update to 2.5.5 due to lack of finances at the moment. I have a template for Sibelius 5. My plan is to purchase both next month sometime. In the meantime, I wanted to get everything working together so I can get right back to writing when I get the current template and VDL update.
Dell Studio 17 Laptop - Intel i7 1.73 GHz, 8 GB RAM
MS Win 7 64-bit
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5
Ableton Live 8
M-Audio Prokeys 88 keyboard

Hugh Smith

Ooh, it has been a while - and a lot has changed since Sibelius 5. My recommendation at this point is to focus on getting the rest of the necessary tools together (VDL 2.5.5, VDL Template 7.0a) so you're not banging your head against the wall trying to get the "old" stuff working properly (older versions of said items may not be officially supported anymore, I know VDL Template 5.x isn't).

Once you get the remaining ducks in order, and after you've gone through the documentation, come on back here if you run into problems and I'll help you out.

Hugh
Hugh Smith