Author
Topic: Percussion Graphics causing playback issues...

StevenWalker

I'm creating a percussion score for a HS battery and front ensemble. All is going well and you product is working very well (Thanks!).

But, I am running into a peculiar issue. When using the percussion graphics within the Expression tool, the bass drum (I think it's a BD) icon when applied causes a serious lag in playback. It's the only graphic I've found (so far) that has this anomaly.

I've looked to see if some box had been inadvertently selected with the graphic's playback options...but I don't think so.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Steven

2013 MBP. 16gb ram. 2.6ghz i7
Finale 2014

StevenWalker

Also "interesting." :)

When I tried using the Technique Text as a workaround for the Graphic Notation cue, they caused the intended part to be muted. Am I using these features incorrectly?

Essentially, I'd like to be able to label the various instruments for the players on the Racks etc. without having to manually type in all the instrument changes...

Thanks!

TBoliske

Steven,

The graphics were added to the text expressions more as a 'look what else is available' feature. There were no playback controls or any controls for that matter added to them. Let me play with them and see if I am able to provide some suggestions.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

StevenWalker

Many thanks! I think it's a great addition/feature...I just hope I can get it to work for me!

StevenWalker

So I discovered via trial and error, that the Perc Graphics would only cause playback issues if the graphic was not placed exactly on a note head or stem. I don't know why Finale would care where exactly the graphic was attached, but this solved my issue...FWIW.

Thanks!

TBoliske

When you set a text expression it needs to be attached to a specific note for it to function. It may be moved around but it should attach itself to a note.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths