Author
Topic: Finale 14 Template Issues

Ezekias1337

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10, I reinstalled finale 2014, kontakt player 5, and my template. However when loading a new document from a template (Battery specifically) All of the notes are out of order on the staff. I tried reinstalling all of the programs and reinstalling the template, but the notes are still out of order e.g. The rim shot for drum 1 is on the line for drum 4 and there is a drum 2 on the middle c line. I really wanted to write some new music and any help will be appreciated. If any further information is needed let me know and I will provide it.

Thank you greatly.

TBoliske

Since Windows 10 is a new OS, I have not yet tested either Finale 2014 or the templates with this configuration. I would first suggest that you review the Read Me documentation and verify that all of the component files (XML, etc.) are in the correct locations. It's important to remember though that the documentation mentions only Win7 and 8.

There has also been some discussion on the Finale forums at MakeMusic running Win10 and Finale 2014. It may be helpful to check there as well for any relevant information regarding Win10 and Finale 2014.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

Hugh Smith

And, here's a bit about Kontakt and Windows 10 compatibility:

http://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=4880.msg24897#msg24897
Hugh Smith

TBoliske

Thanks for that bit Hugh. I saw it yesterday, but considering the OP mentions what sounds like mapping issues it didn't register. There may also be playback issues with regards to drivers for sound cards and audio interfaces resulting in no playback sound.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths