Author
Topic: Sound set not showing up in Sibelius

Drumlloyd

I recently switched from windows to Mac and I am trying to get everything running again.
I am running Sibelius 7.5.1,  Kontact 5, VDL 2.5.5, and I have the VDL_Template_7.0a(Sib6).sib.

When I open a new Sibelius file, and configure playback options, the VDL SoundSet7.0a does not show up.  It does load Virtual Drumline 2.5, and a lot of sounds come out correctly, but several sounds have been problematic.  One being that I am writing for 9 basses and the drums above the c space sound like rim clicks instead of the drum.

Thanks!   

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

1) Now that you're on Mac, be sure to select the AU version of Kontakt Player instead of VST.

2) Did you double click the sound set to get the drop down list/menu? If "VDL SoundSet 7.0a" is still not in that list, double check where you put the Template sound set XML file.
Hugh Smith

Drumlloyd

Thanks for your fast reply Hugh.
I tried AU and it's still not in the dropdown list and I checked the placement of the xml file.
Here are a couple of screen shots:

Hugh Smith

That's not where the sound set goes (AU device type is irrelevant to sound set placement). Please review the Readme on page 6, and/or see Installing A Sound Set. There's also an example in the first image attached in this thread.
Hugh Smith

Drumlloyd

So it turns out I was having new-to-mac ignorance.  I was trying to put the soundset in the library folder instead of the user folder because "Library" wasn't showing up there.  I looked through your link for installing the soundset and found the Windows suggestion for showing hidden folders and I started thinking that might be a similar issue.  Once I went to my username I went to "Show View Options" for the folder and checked to show "Library."

I like the change to Mac but I am still figuring out basic navigation sometimes.
Thanks for your help!

Hugh Smith

Awesome! Sounds like you got it going. (Yup, went through the "new to Mac" learning curve myself a while back.)

Let me know if anything else comes up.
Hugh Smith