Author
Topic: Marimba Notes Playing as Rolls

Houston Youngman

Hi, I've seen a post on here about this before, but the solutions offered in that thread have not helped me solve my problem.
I simple cannot get all 4 of the marimbas I have in my score to playback without rolls. I will always have one marimba that plays back with all notes being rolled. When I mute that marimba, another one starts playing with rolls. This leads me to believe that it is not staff text or anything like that. I have no idea what to do, so I was hoping that someone could offer me some help or point me in the right direction. I have changed all my marimbas to VDL marimbas, but that does not seem to do anything either.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
I am running macOS Sierra on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sibelius 8.5 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Hi Houston

Have you double checked that you don't have any hidden MIDI messages on those staves?

Have you double checked you have enough instances of VDL in your Playback Configuration?

Please attach a screenshot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

Houston Youngman

I'm not sure how to check for MIDI messages, but I will for sure check if you would be able to tell me how!

I have two instances of Kontakt running in my Playback Configuration. Here are some screenshots of both instances and the Configuration.

Thanks for the reply!
I am running macOS Sierra on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sibelius 8.5 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Quote from: Houston Youngman on October 05, 2015, 09:16:18 PM
I'm not sure how to check for MIDI messages, but I will for sure check if you would be able to tell me how!

To show hidden items, go to View > Invisibles and check Hidden Objects. See attached image.

You should still have my email address, go ahead and send me the file.
Hugh Smith

Houston Youngman

Thanks, Hugh. I sent you an email containing the file. Hope to hear back soon.

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Hi Houston

All 8 Marimba staves played back correctly for me except for the treble clef of the third part. For some reason the instrument change to Marimba Syn Hard in bar 15 was not working right. I deleted it and created a new one and it is now working the way it should.

Let me know how it goes.
Hugh Smith

Houston Youngman

Thanks so much, Hugh! Everything works like normal. I appreciate it!

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Outstanding!
Hugh Smith