Author
Topic: Can't see KP5, Sound file in Configuration

CMorgan

Trying to configure playback, but i have no K5 listed as Device available,  I'm just confused how to connect everything...

Hugh Smith

The Template sound set XML file looks to be in the right place.

Have you copied the KP5 VST files into Avid's VST plugin folder?
Hugh Smith

CMorgan

Thank you, I'll work on that...

Files copied per screen shot, but no change in playback configuration.

Hugh Smith

64 bit Sibelius will not see 32 bit plugins. Be sure to copy the 64 bit KP5 VSTs into the 64 bit Avid VST folder. (Not sure of the exact location.)
Hugh Smith

CMorgan

Not sure if I'm proceeding correctly, so let me tell you what's up.  If nothing else, maybe another person who is brand new to virtual instrument libraries will be assisted.

I originally purchased the first level Sibelius, then later upgraded to 7.  I am not sure which version of Sibelius resides where, so here is what I'm getting at:  I have three program directories on my c drive:  Program Files,   Program Files (x86), and ProgramData
- Screenshot 1

Each of these has an Avid folder. I copied the 3 K5 64 bit files to VST Plugins for two - Screenshot 2 & 3

When I looked into the ProgramData folder - Screenshot 4  It did not have a VST Plugin folder, but there was a Sound folder, so I copied the VDL SoundSet 7.0a  into there.

CMorgan

Now I have this: Screenshots

Going to page 9 of the readme file.

Hugh Smith

Not sure if you've got it working yet, but it at least looks like you're getting closer.

1) I see you found the sound sets located in C:\ProgramData\Avid\Sibelius 7\Sounds. You can put VDL_SoundSet_7.0a.xml there with the other default sound sets if you really want to, but I recommend you instead place it in the Sibelius User's folder (Installing A Sound Set). Definitely do NOT place them in both places.

2) 32 vs 64 bit: C:\Programs Files points to 64 bit applications and C:\Program Files (x86) points to 32 bit applications. Assuming you're wanting to run Sibelius in 64 bit, you can ignore the x86 directory. So, place just the Kontakt 5.dll file (make sure it's 64 bit) into C:\Program Files\Avid\VSTPlugins. (I highly recommend you do not place either of the two DLL files that has "out" at the end of their names - they're unnecessary and just clutter the Configuration dialog.)

Let me know how you get on.
Hugh Smith

CMorgan

I made all the adjustments as you said.

I'm happy to announce we are go for launch!   Or, go for lunch, if you prefer.

Ready to write.

Hugh Smith

:)

Outstanding!
Hugh Smith