Author
Topic: Instruments interfering with one another

Samlack

I am having an issue with instruments causing issues in the play back  of other instruments. Most specifically, if I have a suspended cymbal roll being played while there is a Tam Tam/Bass Drum instrument ANYWHERE in the score, the suspended cymbal turns into this strange, choppy sound. But as soon as the TT/BD instrument is cleared, the problem goes away. Help!? Thank you in advance!

Hugh Smith

Hi Samlack, welcome to the forum!

It's hard to even begin to guess what's going on without some information. Please give a lot more details, like:

1) Operating system
2) Name of Template and version
3) Attach images showing things - i.e. your Playback Configuration
Hugh Smith

Samlack

I'm running Sibelius 8 on Windows8, and I am using the VDL 7.a (Sib 7) Template

I think what is happening is that the sounds keep getting changed to a basic drumset sound set. This just happened again to my Triangle part as well, but I'm not sure when or why it happened.

Hugh Smith

What happens when you remove the MIDI device and just have Kontakt Player?

Have you tried loading one of the TriggerTest files to test your environment?

Quote from: Hugh Smith on December 05, 2015, 09:24:08 PM
2) 32 vs 64 bit: C:\Programs Files points to 64 bit applications and C:\Program Files (x86) points to 32 bit applications. Assuming you're wanting to run Sibelius in 64 bit, you can ignore the x86 directory. So, place just the Kontakt 5.dll file (make sure it's 64 bit) into C:\Program Files\Avid\VSTPlugins. (I highly recommend you do not place either of the two DLL files that has "out" at the end of their names - they're unnecessary and just clutter the Configuration dialog.)

I recommend you remove the two files that contain "out" from the Avid VSTPlugins folder. Then rebuild the Configuration.

Hugh Smith