Author
Topic: Diddle and flam playback issue

BenCowan

Greetings.
I recently purchased VDL 2.5.5, installed Kontakt 5, and purchased a template set from TheWriteScore to use in Finale 2014.5. I figured out the mapping and got everything in order, except for one with diddle playback. Whenever I enter a RH or LH hit on either Snare, Tenor, or Bass, (each fails on one template or another), they sound as they should in playback. However, when I apply a diddle articulation or add a flam, the sample that plays back is a different note. Even when I watch it on the midi keyboard in Kontakt 5 it switches notes anytime a diddle is attached.  I did some research on this type of thing before hand and didn't encounter anything like what was happening with my situation. I checked my audio setup and buffer speed and they seem to be working fine, I think it's just something pertaining to the templates, because I added a diddle to a tenor part on one template and it worked fine. But when I added the same thing to the snare part, it plays a different note. When I switch templates and do this again, its then the Tenor having issues and the snare works fine. Any advice?
And if you'd like some better explaining, I made a video to show the issue, which can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEj-1mQ7Zh0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!

TBoliske

Let me check into this, but this is the first report of this type of problem.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths