Author
Topic: SIB 8.1 Not Showing VDL Playback Configuration

bobbyscottmusic

Hey guys,

I just updated my Apple Hardware. I was previously on Sib7.5, VDL 2.5, and OS X 10.11 and everything worked fine. Once I got my new machine, I upgrade Sib to 8.1, transferred over my VDL files, downloaded Kontakt 5, and activated the VDL library. When I go to add the playback configuration to Sibelius, nothing from Kontakt 5 is showing up. I've rescanned for libraries on my computer, restarted my device, and still nothing. I'm currently using the VDL 7.0a template that I was using before I updated my hardware as well. Have help?

Bobby

OS X 10.11.2
Sib 8.1
VDL 2.5
Kontakt 5

Hugh Smith

Have you copied the Kontakt Player plugin files into the Avid plugins folder?

Sib 8 copied my 7.5 settings over for me (at least that part), but I think I found them and are accessed from "MacHD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST". See what you have in that folder.
Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

Oh great find! There is nothing in there. Which folder/files am I looking to to transfer into that folder?

Hugh Smith

Hi Bobby

I attached an image of what my Plug-Ins folder looks like. Note the items in the Components folder - I believe these are the ones that will be used instead of the VST ones, and are recommended since you're on a Mac. (I'm running OS X 10.11.3.)

From Kontakt 5 Player Getting Started English.pdf:

"Depending on your operating system and choices upon installation, KONTAKT provides VST, Audio Units, and RTAS plug-in formats. Refer to the documentation of your sequencer to find out which of these formats is the right one in your case; if you have enabled the appropriate format at installation time, KONTAKT 5 should appear in the plug-in selection list inside your sequencer. If it is not the case, re-run the installer and make sure the appropriate plug-in is marked for installation."

If I'm reading that right, rerunning the KP5 installer and checking the AU plugin box should place it where it needs to go.
Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

GENIUS! Thanks so much Hugh. Everything showed right up when I ran the installer again. Looks like the order of operations for installation needs to be Sibelius...VDL...Kontakt 5.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Bobby

Hugh Smith

Outstanding! Thanks for letting me know that worked.
Hugh Smith