Author
Topic: VDL Not Speaking with Sibelius

bobbyscottmusic

Alright here is an interesting one. I have loaded Sib 8.1, VDL, and Kontakt 5. I have opened multiple templates that I have in my arsenal. I have the VDL 7.0a template that I paid for and I also have a template that combines VDL with Sibelius sounds that my writing partners created. These have worked in the past. Here's my issue: I am able to see the Kontakt 5 playback configuration and able to create staves from VDL 7.0a instruments, however, I am not able to actually hear the correct playback. You will see below my configuration, my instruments, and the different views from the mixer.

Hopefully this makes sense and there is some type of missing link that is going on here. Let me know what else you may need.

Bobby

Hugh Smith

It's OK if slots in the Mixer read "unallocated" - will resolve when playback is initiated.

Have you opened and played back any TriggerTest files? Do they playback as expected?

Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

If by the trigger test file, you mean the template that I originally received from VDL, then yes. Here's what my screen and playback look like. I input the notes, but I don't hear anything. What's weird is when I select the marimba line and hit "P" it shows in the mixer that there is sound, but I don't hear anything. My audio playback options are set correctly to be playing back from my Macbook's speakers.

Hugh Smith

No, the TriggerTest files included in the package. Readme file Appendix B.

Playback Configuration is incorrect:
1) Mac VDL users should select the AU version of Kontakt Player for any and all instances.
2) Need to select the "VDL SoundSet 7.0a" sound set for each instance of VDL. See attached image.
Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

Alright, awesome. Thanks so much Hugh. I was able to reset my configuration and all of my old files are able to play back with VDL sounds. Thanks SO much. I was really starting to get frustrated, but I really appreciate everything you've been able to do for me the past week or so.

Cheers,
Bobby

Hugh Smith

Excellent, Bobby! And you're welcome!
Hugh Smith