1) If you're new to Sibelius, and probably VDL, be prepared to go through a learning curve.
2) Take at least one thorough pass through both the S7S and VDL Readme files, as well as Sib_Bundle_Addendum.pdf. You'll be referencing the Maps files as you write, but a full pass through each one of those won't hurt either.
3) Watch all the Sibelius Videos
. (They're recorded with older versions of Sibelius, but still pertinent.)
4) If you haven't already, commence with installation/setup.
5) Play around with the TriggerTest/PlayTest files to help get a feel for things, as well as to check your writing environment setup.
If you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to post in the appropriate section.