Author
Topic: Template Doesn't open

kjjohnson20

Hello,

I just tried to open a Sib_VDL_Template_7.0a (sib 7) in Sibelius 7.5 and I got an error message (see attached) that Sibelius unexpectedly quit. Please help!

Imac - OSX El Capitan 10.11.2
VDL - 2.5.5
Sibelius 7.5

Hugh Smith

Hi Kyle

1) Was it working previously, as in this is a new incident?

2) Did you update Sibelius recently?

3) Does a non-template file open OK, or starting from a Sibelius default?

4) Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

kjjohnson20

Hugh,

Thank you for the reply.

1) It worked before, but I haven't done any writing since last summer.

2) I probably updated Sibelius to the 7.5 version in the past year. I don't remember when though.

3) I can't even open a blank document through Sibelius

4) Attached is my current playback configuration.

Thanks!

Kyle

Hugh Smith

My guess right now is that something changed in the setup that Sibelius does not like. Perhaps an OSX update? OSX 10.11.4 is available too, if that matters. Sounds like you may need to uninstall and reinstall Sibelius. But before doing so, try the following: go into the Sib user's folder (/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius) and delete the "Playback Configurations" directory. Sibelius will generate a new one upon launch/restart. Create a new Configuration, see how it goes.

4) That image is of File > Preferences > Playback. Playback Configurations are defined at Play > Setup.

Hugh Smith

kjjohnson20

After downloading the OS X 10.11.4 update, I tried deleting the playback configurations directory, and that didn't work.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software without any luck.

I can't even get to the Play > Setup menu, because I can't get past the launch window.

What could possibly be happening?

kjjohnson20

Sibelius support helped to reset the playback configuration. I might of had the wrong folder location before, but everything is back up and running. Thanks for your help!

Kyle

Hugh Smith

Good to hear.

Quote from: kjjohnson20 on May 12, 2016, 01:00:16 PM
Sibelius support helped to reset the playback configuration.

What exactly did you/they do?
Hugh Smith