Author
Topic: Improper playback

recteach

I am using Sibelius 7.5 on mac and I am having some playback/mapping issues with the tenor line and suspended cymbal playback. Is there a fix for this?

Hugh Smith

Hi recteach, welcome to the forum.

I'm sure there is, but I'll need more information than that. Be as detailed as possible.

Attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration. And if you're having trouble with just a couple of instruments or so, add another instance of VDL to the config.
Hugh Smith

recteach

Tenor drum 1 plays with the puffy mallets and the rest of the drums play fine.  The mapping for the Sus Cym Const. 18 is all over the place.

recteach

If you just click on the note (tenor 1) in the measure it plays with the correct sound but when you hit playback it plays the puffy sound on that one drum.

recteach

anything?

Hugh Smith

You have the wrong sound set in that configuration. Needs to be "VDL SoundSet 7.0a". Review the Readme, page 7.
Hugh Smith

recteach

still doesn't work.  The snareline in particular is all over the place.

I am using VDL 2.5 with Sibelius 7.5 on a Mac

Hugh Smith

How many instruments are in the score? You may need to add another instance of VDL to the configuration.

Show me what your config looks like now.
Hugh Smith

recteach

Here you go and thanks for the help!

Lots and lots of bugs...  no bass drum unison rim clicks, snare mapping is all off.  Not sure what the issue is...

Hugh Smith

1) Do the TriggerTest files work correctly?

2) Does a fresh copy of the Template do the same thing?

3) The sound set is correct now. Did you try adding another instance of VDL?
Hugh Smith

drumlabs

I have a similar problem. Several instruments are all messed up! The bass line is a mess. If I push one key on my midi controller, it plays a completely different note in the Kontakt player. For example, if I play a C, it plays an F sharp, and then D will play and E. It does weird stuff like that.

The marimba instrument only plays rolls even if a single stroke is written. It's a mess.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: drumlabs@me.com on July 15, 2016, 01:23:51 PM
I have a similar problem. Several instruments are all messed up! The bass line is a mess. If I push one key on my midi controller, it plays a completely different note in the Kontakt player. For example, if I play a C, it plays an F sharp, and then D will play and E. It does weird stuff like that.

The marimba instrument only plays rolls even if a single stroke is written. It's a mess.

What are your answers to the above questions?
Hugh Smith