Author
Topic: Flute/ Clarinet Trilling Constantly

nharbel

I am having a problem with a score in which the flutes and clarinets trill every note in the score. I'm at a complete loss as to what is causing it. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Dell Studio 17 Laptop - Intel i7 1.73 GHz, 8 GB RAM
MS Win 7 64-bit
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5
Ableton Live 8
M-Audio Prokeys 88 keyboard

Hugh Smith

1) Is this in either of the S7S or SE6 Templates?

2) Does a fresh score do the same thing?

3) Do the flutes and clarinets start their first notes as trills? (Sibelius Player handles switches and patch loading differently than VDL/Kontakt Player.)

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

nharbel

1. This is in the S7S template. I copied the wind parts from another score and pasted into the template.

2. This was a fresh score in which I pasted the wind parts from another non-TWS score.

3. Yes, the very first notes and all the way through are played with the trill problem.

Forgive me, but I'm not sure how to take a screen shot in Sibelius. I can't recall ever doing that for anything ever.
MS Win 7 64-bit
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5
Ableton Live 8

Hugh Smith

Hi Neil

Check out Grabbing a Screen Shot.

1) S7S, OK, good. Although the pasting from another score may have brought undesirable items with it.

2) By fresh I mean, writing parts into a fresh copy of the Template - as opposed to pasting from anywhere else. You can also check your setup by playing back the TriggerTest and/or PlayTest files included in the package(s). If those are good, then the issue definitely resides in that specific problem file.

3) Again, pasting from another score can bring in unwanted bits, i.e. hidden MIDI messages. Be sure to turn on hidden objects and look at what is there.

4) What is the source of the wind parts you pasted in?
Hugh Smith

nharbel

It is a fresh score. Our arranger wrote the wind parts in Sib. 7.5 and then I pasted them into the template so I could write all the percussion stuff. PlayTest files sound fine when played. I don't see any hidden objects that are causing issues as far as I can tell. Screen shot coming soon.
MS Win 7 64-bit
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5
Ableton Live 8

nharbel

So I'm feeling like a bit of an idiot now... When I tried the PlayTest files I noticed that I have a Bundle template, in addition to S7S and VDL. I started a new score with the Bundle template and then copied and pasted from the problem score. Problem SOLVED! I still don't know what caused the trill issue, but I'm going to try the common sense approach of trying a new score from now on if I run into similar problems. Sorry for any time I may have wasted for anyone!
MS Win 7 64-bit
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5
Ableton Live 8

Hugh Smith

Not a problem Neil. Glad you got it figured out.
Hugh Smith