Author
Topic: Sound Set

mijneerg

Newbie to VDL - Installed VDL 2.5, Sib 8.3, Kontakt Player 5 on an iMac. I'm trying to configure Sib playback, but the Kontakt 5 (AU) sound set reads General Midi 2. Not sure where I messed up. Any advise?

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Double click right where it says "General MIDI 2" to get the sound set drop down menu.
Hugh Smith

mijneerg

Got it. It's funny how the simplest tasks can trip us up.

Thanks!

Hugh Smith

That's the truth.

You're welcome.
Hugh Smith

mcafeepercussion

I need similar help.  I don't see the VDL soundset in the drop down menu.  I've attached what I'm seeing in Sibelius as well as the location of the .xml file.

Hugh Smith

Hi mcafeepercussion, welcome to the forum.

It looks as if Sibelius does not see the VDL install at all. Reinstall Virtual Drumline and see what happens.
Hugh Smith

mcafeepercussion

Thanks for the response!  I would need to reinstall Virtual Drumline itself? Not the template?  The only reason I ask is that Kontakt and Logic appear to be reading Virtual Drumline without any problems.

mcafeepercussion

I should also mention that I did have to create my own "Sounds" folder.  I just used File>New Folder in Finder when I got to the Sibelius 7 folder.  I don't know if that is the wrong way to do it.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: mcafeepercussion on December 30, 2016, 12:29:40 PM
I should also mention that I did have to create my own "Sounds" folder. 

Yes, that is typical.

Quote from: mcafeepercussion on December 30, 2016, 12:29:40 PM
I just used File>New Folder in Finder when I got to the Sibelius 7 folder.  I don't know if that is the wrong way to do it.

Exactly what file did you put there?

Quote from: mcafeepercussion on December 30, 2016, 10:41:51 AM
I would need to reinstall Virtual Drumline itself? Not the template?  The only reason I ask is that Kontakt and Logic appear to be reading Virtual Drumline without any problems.

You don't "install" the Template, you use a copy of it to write in. Please review the Readme file.

The problem may also reside in an incompatible/wrong implementation of Kontakt Player. Attach a screen shot of your entire Playback Configuration dialog box.
Hugh Smith