Author
Topic: Diddle playback using Smart Playback Plugin

mikep

The plug-in always worked for playing back slashes (diddles) but is not functioning now. I highlighted the measure with the diddles and ran the plug-in and received the message that nothing was selected. See attached.

Human Playback is off and I haven't changed any settings in Finale since I did my marching show last year (the last time I would have used this feature). The only difference is upgrading to El Capitan. Does it still work in this OS? Is there another method to get diddle playback?

TBoliske

How did you select the measure containing the diddles? I've only rarely had issues when using the Selection Tool then switching to PlugIns>TG Tools>Smart Playback. If this doesn't work, it may be an issue with TG Tools.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

mikep

With the selection tool, as I've always done. I got a reply from TG tools and I've downloaded their beta 2.8 and that's working. Of course, it's just a trial and will expire. They didn't offer any solution to the issue.

TBoliske

I was afraid that it might have been an issue with the free/lite plugs that come with Finale. This happened with the 14.5 update. If you have some time, try playing with HP on and set to VDL. There should be settings in the templates from the 14 version. It's been a bit since I've looked at that option, but I did add some to the 14 templates.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths