Author
Topic: New Finale midi map issue

sonordrum

I am (once again) having a little issue.  I'm trying out the new Finale (after my real work was complete for this year!!) but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm missing.  I made a short video showing my problems.  https://youtu.be/mouuzCesbTs

"Custom" is showing on the staff of my  completed work in 2014.5, I just opened it in the new version to mess with.  But the battery sounds are wrong of course.  thoughts?

TBoliske

It appears as though you don't have the XML files installed in the proper location. There may also be an issue with the layout maps. I didn't get a clear view of that window from the video. The layout maps are part of the template files, although they may also be loaded into any finale document using the VDL Percussion Library.

Based on the video the central problem is the lack of the percussion midi maps (the XML files). These need to be copied when you upgrade to a new version. Version updates just update the current version, Finale 2014a to Finale 2014b for example. Moving from any version of finale 2014 to Finale 2014.5 is an upgrade, it was a full install. This is the same when moving to the newest version of Finale, Finale 25. The percussion midi maps will need to be copied to the same location folder for the new version. If you move them rather than copy, they will no longer exist in the previous location. They must be copied.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

sonordrum

that did it.  I thought I copied them to the right place but clearly didn't.  Fixed!!  I guess that means I have to buy the new Finale!!!  The super fast playback alone is worth it for me.
thanks!!!!!

TBoliske

Glad to hear it's fixed. The correct folder is actually in two locations, the root (hard drive) level and the user. By default, I copy all files to both locations.
Ted Boliske

sonordrum

BTW, thanks as always for the super fast reply!!!

JhonnyC

Are you saying that you're able to use the 2014 templates and they are working in the new finale? That is the last thing that i am waiting for to upgrade. I really want to use the rewire functionality. I was bummed that it did not work in the trial version.

Quote from: sonordrum on September 12, 2016, 08:46:50 AM
that did it.  I thought I copied them to the right place but clearly didn't.  Fixed!!  I guess that means I have to buy the new Finale!!!  The super fast playback alone is worth it for me.
thanks!!!!!

TBoliske

The 2014 templates have not yet been fully tested with the new version of Finale, Finale 25.
Ted Boliske