Author
Topic: Sib 7 Sounds Installed - Playback Inconsistent

bobbyscottmusic

Hey everyone,

I've attached some screenshots for you.

My issues here is that I have the Sib 7 sounds installed as well as the template for Sib 7 Soundset and Soundset Lite. When I go to add a synth part into a percussion score, the only things that seem to playback are Strings and Organ, however when I go to say change the instrument in the same staff mid-chart, nothing plays back. When I go to the Playback Configuration and try to "Test" the Sib 7 soundset, nothing plays. When I test the VDL soundset, everything is good.

I've attempted to remove some of the VDL Soundsets, deactivate and reactivate the Sib 7 sounds but nothing seems to be working.

Any idea what may be going on?

Thanks, Bobby.

Hugh Smith

Hi Bobby

Are you sure you got ALL of the S7S library installed?
Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

I am because it worked a month or so ago and I do not remember changing anything in the meantime. I check in my folder and all of the ".patch" files that I am looking for are in the Sibelius 7 Sounds folder. (see attached)

Hugh Smith

What is the total size of the "Sibelius 7 Sounds" folder?

Quote from: bobbyscottmusic on September 28, 2016, 11:21:51 AM
I am because it worked a month or so ago and I do not remember changing anything in the meantime.

Worked with the same file you're trying with now?

That's quite the number of instances of KP/VDL you got there.
Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

It has not worked with this file. It worked with older files.

The Sib 7 Sounds folder is 33.72 GB in size.

And it is a lot of instances. I write for a college marching band that has anywhere from 21-25 players in the front ensemble in addition to the full battery. So the extra instances of VDL help out with that.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: bobbyscottmusic on September 28, 2016, 12:12:02 PM
The Sib 7 Sounds folder is 33.72 GB in size.

Hmm... I believe it should be around 38 GB.
Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

Alright, if the file should be around 38 GB and I'm only at about 34 GB, is there a way to see what I'm missing or how I may be able to fill up the rest of the space? I know that I installed all of the discs from the installer.

bobbyscottmusic

And on another note, my Concert Grand Piano does not seem to be playing back and this has been since I reinstalled all the sound libraries back in September. However, I see that the ConcertGrandPiano.patch is in the folder.

Hugh Smith

Does everything seem to be loading correctly in the Mixer?

I sent you a PM.
Hugh Smith