Author
Topic: No playback when loading an imported score

lehartley

I import a lot of scores when I need to transpose music or pull out parts for our community youth orchestra.  When I start Sibelius, the screen states that the sounds are loading and I get no errors.  The only issue I have is that if I wish to listen to the score, it will not have a full playback - I only get one staff, and it usually plays in a midi piano and not the instrument.  My question is this, does the playback only work for scores written in Sibelius and not designed to work on imports?  And if that is the case, what process should I use to load the sounds in so it will create a playback?

Thanks to this website, The Write Score, for letting me post.  I found the site by mistake, but the videos are very informative and helpful.

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Are you using one of The Write Score templates? Which one?

Where/what are you importing from?
Hugh Smith

lehartley

Sorry for the delay.

I have never downloaded any templates - I just installed Sibelius and the sounds and thought it would work.  As far as my music goes, I scan music in using PhotoScore, send to Sibelius, then transpose those parts I need.  I let Sibelius choose the instruments when I send it from PhotoScore.  But no matter what I do, I only get a one line playback and it is always midi sounding.

Hugh Smith

Hmm... technically this support forum is for The Write Score template customers.

Did you get the around 38GB Sibelius 7 Sounds sample library installed?
Hugh Smith