Author
Topic: Sibelius 8 and Windows 10

drumzx

Hello Write Score, just purchased a new laptop that came with Windows 10 (sigh) and I've order Sibelius 8.0 because Avid does not support 7.5 on Windows 10.  So I'm moving all of my Sibelius software/VDL/Write Score template to that platform.  My question is will the template I purchased (for 7.5) work in Sibelius 8 (after I receive the software) on Windows 10?
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

Yes, the Template works in Sibelius 8.

Where did you find it saying Sibelius 7.5 doesn't work on Windows 10? I thought it did.
Hugh Smith

drumzx

Hugh, it works but within 10, everything is compressed.  The mixer comes out where I cannot read the instruments at the bottom.  I tried adjusting the display properties but that was only slightly better.  I still couldn't read the instrument names and the whole mixer was small in scale, that it was difficult to see any of the features.

I haven't been able to get VDL to appear in a score from our outdoor program where I used the Write Score template.  I have loaded it in the Kontakt 5 Service Center tool so it appears and the VDL confirmed that from the screen shot I sent to them.  But while in Sibelius, I haven't been able to find it from the new laptop.

I researched the Avid site for Windows 10 information and within their site, it states they do not provide support for 7.5 in Windows 10.  So I've ordered 8.0 but it hasn't shipped yet.

Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

Hmm... OK.

Looks like you'll be good to go once Sib 8 shows up.
Hugh Smith