Author
Topic: Will pay to have someone help me...

spenser.kennedy

I purchased The Sibelius VDL templates from TheWriteScore, I have Sibelius 8.5, Kontakt 5.6.6 and VDL 2.5.5 using a MacBook Pro w/ Sierra 10.12.4 and I can't get this the templates/VDL to work what-so-ever.  I am willing to pay someone to walk me through this, and I can share my screen to make it easier.  Just looking to get this working.  If you prefer email, mine is SpenserJKennedy@gmail.com

Hugh Smith

Hi Spencer, welcome to the forum.

Are you brand new to VDL or Sibelius, or both? Are they installed correctly, do they work without trying to use the Template?

How many times have you read the setup instructions in the Template Readme file?
Hugh Smith

spenser.kennedy

I have been using Sibelius since the first version came out many years ago.  As for VDL, I'm new.  I have read the instructions on everything many times but just can't seem to get it all to line up.  Sibelius works fine by itself.  I suspect it may be a problem with Kontakt too because although everything looks and acts ok (as the tutorials show) it gives me an error after adding the sound set, but then goes away.  I have tried redoing this multiple times. 

Hugh Smith

Does VDL playback correctly in stand alone mode? (Load instruments in and play around with the blue keys.)

Please attach a screenshot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

spenser.kennedy

It seems to only let me use the snare sounds.  I can't find the other instruments.

Bill

Click on that up arrow line that says 1. Snares.  Does that take you to a list with more battery options?

spenser.kennedy

You're right, thanks.  I've done a bunch of work over the week and I've finally got everything working.  Thanks for the help.

Hugh Smith

Excellent! Come on back if you need anything else.
Hugh Smith