Author
Topic: Do I need the bundle template

dchambers

For my brass and woodwinds I'm currently using Aria as the playback engine. Doe I need to use the Sib Sounds Template for that? Or can I just use the VDL 7.0a template and create the woodwinds and brass on it?
Mac Pro macOS Sierra 10.12.5
3.5GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 186 MHz DDR3
Sibelius 8.5.1 build 659
Kontakt Player 5.6.6 (R16)
VDL 2.5.5
COMB2
Aria Player 1.872 engine v1.916 (OS X x86)
S7S-VDL_Bundle Template 7.1a

Hugh Smith

You can create other instrument definitions for whatever libraries you like. I'd keep an updated "master" file that could be used for new projects.

The advantage of a Template is that all the instrument definitions are already done for you (correlating to specific libraries).

Just curious, what libraries are you running on Aria?
Hugh Smith

dchambers

The Garritan Concert and Marching Band 2 run in Aria real well.
My big problem is my old apple crashed and it had all of the files for the Sib Player 7.1 and the VDL 7.0.
I never updated to the 7.0a VDL. I've been getting by with some templates that happened to be on my external hard drive. these are templates that I had put together voiced for specific clients with their winds and percussion. These were derived from The Write score templates that i purchased back in???. When I load one of those scores everything does okay except Concert Band Combo and Cymbal rack Combo, they don't seem to have the correct Sound Sets. I contacted Jim through Tapspace Forum and he said to check and make sure that i had everything installed correctly from the zip files via The Write Score. Well....... I don't have those any more since my old Apple DIED. :(

My new Mac Pro is great. I went ahead and purchased a new copy of Sibelius, VDL2.5.5 and Garritan Concert and Marching Band 2. Which get's me to my current problem.

I've been able to complete and opener for a client but, it's been a little frustrating not being able to use Concert Band Combo and Cymbal rack Combo. I've gotten around it by just using Concert Bass and somehow I was able to find a sus. cym roll in the Cymbal rack Combo that I've made work for now.

Don't suppose there's any way you could go back in the financial records to see that I did indeed purchase the S7S / VDL7.0 bundle and let me re-download it all could ya?

Also, I purchased and installed Dorico anxiously awaiting for them to update it to a version that will use 3rd party sound libraries like VDL and Garitan COMB2. Have you heard anything on that front?
Mac Pro macOS Sierra 10.12.5
3.5GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 186 MHz DDR3
Sibelius 8.5.1 build 659
Kontakt Player 5.6.6 (R16)
VDL 2.5.5
COMB2
Aria Player 1.872 engine v1.916 (OS X x86)
S7S-VDL_Bundle Template 7.1a

Hugh Smith

Quote from: dchambers on May 22, 2017, 01:01:55 PM
Don't suppose there's any way you could go back in the financial records to see that I did indeed purchase the S7S / VDL7.0 bundle and let me re-download it all could ya?

If it's been that long, you will need to use the Contact page (select Billing) so someone can get you back into the system.

Quote from: dchambers on May 22, 2017, 01:01:55 PM
Also, I purchased and installed Dorico anxiously awaiting for them to update it to a version that will use 3rd party sound libraries like VDL and Garitan COMB2. Have you heard anything on that front?

I haven't had time to keep up with Dorico. Last I knew, full unpitched percussion support is yet to be completed. Again, that's been a while.
Hugh Smith