Author
Topic: Sibelius 7 Template

jmulcahy

Hello- I have purchased the template for Sibelius 7 VDL 2.5.5 template back in 2012.  I just purchased a new laptop and am moving VDL/Sibelius to my new laptop.  Do I need to purchase a new template or how can I get it transferred to my new laptop?

Thank you.
John M.

Hugh Smith

Hi John, welcome to the forum.

What template and version do you have?

If you backed up your original package download, just use that. If for some reason you don't have it, then use the contact page and someone will help you get access.
Hugh Smith

jmulcahy

Hello Hugh,
I think it is the S7S SE6 VDL, but not sure.  Is there a way to find out on my old laptop? 

Thanks,
John

Hugh Smith

Quote from: jmulcahy on August 03, 2017, 07:45:15 PM
... Is there a way to find out on my old laptop? 

You'll need to find the original package. Or find the original receipt. Hmm... 2012, you may also have an older version.

I'd use the contact page linked to above.
Hugh Smith

jmulcahy

Hello Hugh.  Thank you for your assistance.  I am having issues with getting everything going.  I did backup my template from my old computer so I can pull up my scores.  The issue is connecting VDL to Kontakt Player 5.  I was able to activate it through NI.  But I do not know what is missing.  When I open up a score I did this summer, on the Playback  Configuration, it shows nothing (no Soundsets or VDL).  I got the updated VDL 2.5.5 from Tapspace onto my new laptop.  I'm just getting frustrated on getting both to work.  Any help would be great!

Thanks! John

HP Envy x360
1TB HD
16 GB Memory

jmulcahy

Hi Hugh,
Here is a print screen on Sibelius Playback Device on VDL Template.

THanks,
John

Hugh Smith

The Playback Configuration dialog should have the same device options no matter what .sib file you have open.

I can't say I've seen a completely empty Available Devices list before. About the only thing I can think of right now is to uninstall and reinstall Sibelius. We need to get the defaults going in the Available Devices list first, then narrow down the VDL part.

Regarding VDL, are you able to load instruments (patches) into Kontakt Player with KP in stand alone mode?
Hugh Smith

jmulcahy

Hi Hugh- I guess I can re-upload Sibelius.  If I have trouble this weekend, would it be possible to have someone call me or I can call for help next week?

Thanks,
John

Hugh Smith

Hi John

Are you on Skype?

We would need to pick a time. (I'll need to look at my schedule too.)

Sent you a PM.
Hugh Smith

jmulcahy

Hello Hugh,
Thank you.  I meant to message you earlier.  I figured everything out and got both Kontakt 5, VDL, and Sibelius working.  If I have any future problems, i'll let you know.

John