Author
Topic: Diddle/Flam playback issues and Marimba Grand Staff

discostu619

When ever I have a diddle and a flam, it won't actually play it. It just plays the flam - Is there any way I can adjust that?

Also, what is the easiest way for me to manipulate the template to always give me a grand staff for Marimba?

Thank you in advance

TBoliske

I have yet to find a good solution for the flam/diddle playback other than using a hidden layer for playback and entering the flam and writing out the diddle rather than using the slash. My guess is that it has to do with the midi components.

With regards to switching the marimbas to a grand staff, the best solution would be to add new instruments through the Score Manager. you will need to reassign the playback device to Kontakt and load the VDL marimba instrument. This may also require checking the midi settings.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

discostu619

Thank you!

What's the easiest way to be able to extract both staves when I print parts?

TBoliske

You shouldn't need to extract parts, used the Linked Parts. If you are talking about a separate part for bass and treble clefs rather than an instrument which uses the grand staff, then I suggest changing the clef for the marimba staff below each treble clef marimba to a bass clef. This would be much easier than adding a new instrument and configuring the playback controls.

If you're unsure about Linked Parts, review the Finale tutorials.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths