Author
Topic: Please Help Me

MikeFanning

I am running Sibelius 7.5 on a Mac.
I just purchased VDL 2.5
I also purchased the VDL Demystified DVD. It has done me little good.

I want to write and use the VDL sounds. This is the most awful process I have ever gone through.
I purchased the package from the write score.
I still don't have the correct sounds installed and I have absolutely no idea at all what to do.
Do I sound totally frustrated? 
When I go to the sounds after doing what I believe is correct I get this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3l4gywvrqvkn3zu/Screenshot%202018-02-16%2015.47.29.png?dl=0

Please help!

Hugh Smith

Quote from: MikeFanning on February 16, 2018, 02:54:31 PM
I am running Sibelius 7.5 on a Mac.
I just purchased VDL 2.5
I also purchased the VDL Demystified DVD. It has done me little good.

Good. Good. You'll need to get with Tapspace for that one.

Otherwise, I'm going to assume you have VDL 2.5.5. What version of macOS?

Quote from: MikeFanning on February 16, 2018, 02:54:31 PM
I want to write and use the VDL sounds. This is the most awful process I have ever gone through.
I purchased the package from the write score.
I still don't have the correct sounds installed and I have absolutely no idea at all what to do.
Do I sound totally frustrated?

1) Patience.
2) Please read this post for hints on giving me more/better information to work with.
3) The image you referenced tells me you haven't created a new Playback Configuration yet. Please thoroughly reread the Getting Started section of the Readme file - particularly the configuration part that starts on page 7.
4) How do you know you "don't have the correct sounds installed"? Does VDL playback as expected when it's in stand alone mode? (I see the AU version of "Kontakt 5" in the Available Devices list, that's a good thing. Use this one when it's time to do so.)

Later
Hugh Smith