Author
Topic: Sibelius 8 and VDL_SoundSet_7.0a.xml

qwikstix3

Almost there. I've jumped through all of the hoops up to this point, just stuck on this one.

I have the XML file in the right location, but the Sound Set is not listed in Sibelius 8 under Playback Configuration.

VDL 2.5.5
Sibelius Ultimate 8.4
Mac OS X 10.13.3 High Sierra

I have tried restarting the system, and Sibelius, but to no avail.

Please Help!

qwikstix3

Still not able to use my template. Any help with this would be very appreciated!

Hugh Smith

Hmm... the path to and including the Sounds folder looks good. And since the "Virtual Drumline 2.5" sound set is in the list tells us that Sibelius is seeing VDL like we want it to.

I wouldn't think it'd be it, but be sure to use the AU version of Kontakt Player instead of the VST version (better on Macs).

Swap that out, restart the computer. Then we'll go from there.
Hugh Smith

qwikstix3

Thanks, man. I have installed the Kontakt AU version. I restarted the Mac and Sibelius but it's still not wanting to show up.

Hugh Smith

It's not immediately obvious to me why it's not showing up. Sent you a PM.
Hugh Smith

qwikstix3

Much thanks to Hugh Smith who took time out of his day to make a conference call and help me figure this out. The issue was when I placed the VDL_SoundSet_7.0a.xml file into the sounds folder, I created a shortcut link to the file rather than copying and pasting the actual file. You can see the small arrow in the bottom left of the xml file icon indicating that it's a shortcut.