Let me see if I can give you the quick and dirty on doing it yourself. Reference pages 18-19 of the Readme for additional notes.
0. Optional: Experiment in a test file.
1. Go to Home > Instruments > Edit Instruments > - VDL Template 7.0a > Drumline Battery
. Pick a cymbal size (Cymbal Line 16in, Cymbal Line 18in, or Cymbal Line 20in) and select that instrument. Make a copy of it by clicking New Instrument
, then Yes
2. Change Name in dialogs
to whatever you'd like - can do variations later. (Could append with "~big and honkin line", or whatever.) Click OK.
3. Add the new instrument to the Drumline Battery Family list by looking in Instruments not in ensemble
and scrolling to the one you just made. Select it, click Add to Family
4. With the new instrument now in the Family, select it, and click Edit Instrument
. Now click Edit Staff Type
5. You should now see two sets of sounds, the one on the space is for Solo, one on the line is Unison. If you don't need both, be sure each sound you want to remove is selected (highlighted blue), then click Delete
6. For each one you want to duplicate, select it (highlighted blue), then click New
. For me the new copy was placed one position up. Go find it and use the Up
buttons* to place it where you want. You'll need to add any applicable articulations to the new notes as that part is not copied over.
7. Repeat step 6 for each subsequent sound you want to use, times however many times you want to use it. (Yes, it can get tedious.)
8. Place said new and edited instrument into score and hit Play so the patch gets loaded.
9. Insert notes into staff and see if what you did works.
Let me know how it goes.
* You may not need to assign the original Input using pitch
value to each copy. Just a guess though, as I did not specifically test that when creating this write-up.