Author
Topic: Synthesizer

megibson

I'm wondering if I'm missing something...

I have loaded all instrument staves and have all sounds and notations correct except for the synth.

I originally loaded the synth sound I thought I wanted for the beginning of the show (Sci-fi-S7S), then I wanted to change to full organ sound.  When I did an instrument change to Skinner Organ Swell-S7S and text changed to full organ, I get the same Sci-fi sound. Even if I remove the text it's the same Sci-fi sound.  I had to load another staff for Skinner Organ to get the sound I want.

I'm at a point where I want to do more instrument changes for Synth like pizz strings, harp, & arco strings but I don't want to complicate things more or have to add a new staff for each sound if possible.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I do an instrument change each time I change a synthesizer sound? 

Macbook Air (2017)
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Korg nanoKEY2
Sibelius 2018.5 Build 1755
Kontakt 5
VDL 2.5.5
(Merged Template)- TWS Sibelius VDL Template 7.0a(Sib7)/Sibelius Bundle 7.1a(Sib7)

Hugh Smith

Hmm... don't know. Can you send me that file you're working in? And if the Playback Config is different than the other one, please include that as well. And note the bar numbers for me so I can find things faster.
Hugh Smith