Author
Topic: Choppy playback in new laptop

drumzx

I recently purchased a new laptop just to make use of Sibelius a bit smoother.  However, I continue to experience choppy or hesitant playback.  What am I missing?

Currently operating with the system below:

Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

What audio driver are you using in/for Sibelius (could be a Kontakt Player setting also)? I believe on Windows you want to use ASIO4ALL. However, I'm several years now removed from the latest happenings on Windows machines, so ASIO4ALL may not be the best thing to use these days.
Hugh Smith

drumzx

Hi Hugh!

I'm using the Primary Sound Drive interface.  My Active devices are to Kontakt 5 sound sets and one version of the Microsoft GS Wavetable for General Midi stuff.  My pit director loads general midi sounds through that tool.

I don't see ASIO4ALL in my list as an option for Audi Engines.  Is it as simple as downloading it from your link or must I do some maintenance within the Sibelius software/folders to have it appear as one?
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

Quote from: drumzx on September 12, 2018, 02:24:14 PM
... Is it as simple as downloading it from your link or must I do some maintenance within the Sibelius software/folders to have it appear as one?

Yes. Download it from the page I linked to. Run it. Then select the driver in Sibelius.

If you run into issues, you'll want to search the Tapspace Forum for ASIO related posts (don't think it's been discussed here at all).
Hugh Smith