Author
Topic: Using Full band sounds w/ VDL in sib ULTIMATE

sklermbot

Hey all,
Sometimes when I'm in a big marching band score I have trouble getting all the staves to playback correctly.  I found something in the menu the other day saying "use same channel for similar instruments" and I imagine that will help, as I think i may have been going over the max track limit.  That said, I still have to manually change some instruments, and they sometimes play as the wrong sound, but I just gave up and dealt with it.

All that said, if I purchase one of the template bundles (already have VDL template) will that fix my problem?

Thanks!

Hugh Smith

Add more instances of VDL to your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

Will the VDL instances also take care of the wind sound issues?  I'm typically able to get percussion to work correctly, it's the tubas and clarinets etc that I have issues with.

Hugh Smith

I sent you a PM.
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Hi Ben

It all seemed to work correctly for me. That is, after I turned off any muted staves in the Mixer. My guess is you forgot they were there and didn't think to check.

I also did not get any sort of "use same channel for similar instruments" message from Sibelius.

If that doesn't get it, then see if you can record a playback session so I can see things.
Hugh Smith