Author
Topic: TWS Sounds sets not seen by Sibelius 8.5.1

stephenferra

I am running Sibelius 8.5.1. I bought the Bundle from you (TWS) that includes Sounds sets SE6_Soundset_6.0a.xml, S7S Soundest 7.1a and S7S-SE6 Soundset 7.1a.
I do not think Sibelius 8.5.1 is using these sounds sets.
The TWS template Sib_S7S_Template_7.1a appears to mostly work, but some sounds do not play. The reason for this is probably that it is using the existing Sibelius sound sets stored at Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7 or Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius

I have stored the Bundle sound sets in the correct location (Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sounds, but am unable to see them when I try to create a new playback configuration, that is selecting a soundest for the active device (Sibelius Player). The version of Sibelius is 8.5.1 running on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Hugh Smith

Hi Stephen

Please attach a screenshot of your Playback Configuration, and a screenshot of the EXACT, COMPLETE path to where you're placing the soundset XML files.
Hugh Smith

stephenferra

Please see attached a screen shot of where the Write Score Sound files are stored.
Best regards

Stephen

stephenferra

Also in...

stephenferra

and of the playback configuration

stephenferra

and.....

Hugh Smith

The soundsets are in the correct places.

The first image I attached shows what the Playback Configuration's Sibelius Player instance should look like, with the S7S-SE6 SoundSet applied. Second image shows the choices in the dropdown once you double click the field in that column.

From there, find the .sib file from the Bundle package labeled "S7S-SE6_Bundle_7.1a_(Sib7).sib", make a copy of it for each project you start, or follow the instructions in Appendix C of any of the Readme files to Export Manuscript Paper.

Then, once you have a copy of the .sib file open, the third image shows the S7S and SE6 Templates in the Choose from dropdown, of which you'll want to select instruments from these to use in your score/project.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Hugh Smith