Author
Topic: VDL Soundset not showing up in menu

gerardor

Hello!

VDL is showing up perfectly fine on Kontakt 5, and Kontakt is showing up in Sibelius.  However the soundset isn't showing up in the drop down menu. I'm positive that it's in the right path, and I did have to create a sounds folder. I have installed Sibelius in the past but I don't know if that's the issue. Also I reinstalled VDL and Kontakt altogether but that still did not work.

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

What versions of Sibelius and Kontakt are you using?

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration, as well as one of the complete path to where you placed the sound set.
Hugh Smith

gerardor

I am using Sibelius 7.5 and Kontakt 5.

Here are the screenshots:

https://imgur.com/xNURaUJ

https://imgur.com/lR86ajQ

Hugh Smith

Looks like the sound set is in the correct place.

Sibelius 7.5 doesn't recognize Kontakt 5 (or at least that exact version of it). You'll need to submit a support ticket with Tapspace to get an installer for Kontakt 4.
Hugh Smith

cricotta

I too am having this issue.  Just purchased the Sibelius VDL template.  Running Sibelius Ultimate 2018.4.1....and Kontakt 6.  xml file is in the folder:  user/library/application support/avid/sibelius/sounds. .  (created the folder 'sounds' for the xml file).  Have restarted the software....still VDL does not show in the sound set drop down menu.  Any help is appreciated! -chuck

Hugh Smith

Hi chuck, welcome to the forum.

You will need to update to Sibelius 2018.11 or higher. That was the Sib version that initiated Kontakt 6 support. If you are unable to update to 2018.11, use the same Tapspace link above to see if you can get a Kontakt 5 installer (not sure if they have that one).
Hugh Smith

nmcgill

Hi,

I am having the same issue, and it sounds like it might be a version issue like the previous people.

Sibelius: 2018.7
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Again, everything seems to be in the right places and loaded, but the sound set does not show the VDL template XML as an option
my Kontakt player in Sibelius shows up as an "AU" type.  I know previously it there was a "VSL" option. Does this play a role in my issue?

Hugh Smith

Hi nmcgill, welcome to the forum!

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration. And a screen shot of the sound set drop down list.

Not sure what you mean by "VSL" option.

Are you able to update Sibelius to 2018.11 or higher?

The AU type is the one you'll want to use once you have things working.
Hugh Smith