Author
Topic: Sounds Not Loading Properly In Sibelius

brennanm

Hello! I am having problems with Sibelius loading the sounds automatically into Sibelius. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated! I have already contacted tapspace about this issue and recommended I contact TWS.

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

What versions of Sibelius and Kontakt are you using?

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

brennanm

I am running Sibelius 2019.1 and kontakt 6.

brennanm

Also I don't know how to put a photo in the forum chat sorry:)

brennanm

nevermind!

Hugh Smith

Playback Configuration looks good.

What error messages are you seeing, if any?

Do the TriggerTest files playback as expected?
Hugh Smith

brennanm

The Trigger tests do not work. And I am getting no error messages.

Hugh Smith

Does VDL playback as expected when it's in stand alone mode?

Please attach a screen shot of the Mixer (when sounds are loaded).
Hugh Smith

brennanm

The sounds do work in standalone mode but I have to manually enter the sounds in Sibelius. When I enter the sounds some of them get deleted. Would it be possible to call you sometime? If yes I can pm you.

Hugh Smith

What do you mean by "manually enter the sounds in Sibelius"? And also by "some of them get deleted"?

Our immediate goal here is to get the TriggerTest files to playback. That will tell us if the environment is setup properly.

Can you do a short screen recording of what you're doing?
Hugh Smith

brennanm

High Hugh. It won't let me upload the screen capture. What I mean by adding the sounds manually is that the sounds don't automatically load when I open a project. If I go into kontakt and add them, some of the sounds don't stay in the kontakt software. They just don't show up when I open kontakt again.

Hugh Smith

Sorry, I wasn't clear about the screen recording (video). You would need to upload that somewhere else and then link to it here. Only images are allowed directly to the forum.

You don't need to manually load patches into Kontakt at all. Let Sibelius do that for you. All you have to do is make sure there are enough instances of Kontakt Player in your Playback Configuration to handle all the instruments in your score (16 per instance).

So, create a new Playback Configuration with just one instance of VDL, then give the TriggerTest files another go - and let Sibelius do all the patch loading for you. Let me know how it goes.
Hugh Smith

brennanm

High Hugh! This did not work. No sounds are even loading. If I hit play, no sound comes out. I made sure everything was installed properly and so on. I hope we can resolve this situation soon!

Hugh Smith

Hmm... well, there's something not right in your setup.

I sent you a PM.
Hugh Smith