Author
Topic: how to delete playback effect on "squiggly" buzz roll articulation

jeffwbush

Hi Ted, I'm trying to get everything dialed in with Finals 26, MacOS 14.4. The squiggly articulation is causing a 3 note playback on the note it is attached to. I want to remove the playback effect. When I go into the articulation designer window the playback  menu is set to "none". I can't figure out how to keep the articulation from causing a playback effect.

TBoliske

Jeff,

I'm seeing the same thing on my end. At this point, it's related to Human Playback. If HP is turned of then expressions do not impact playback. When HP is turned on then it overrides expression playback settings. The result is that diddles (slashes) do not playback if HP is off.

Which expression are you using, the number in the upper left corner? I'll keep playing and see if I can find a solution other than  turn HP off.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

TBoliske

Jeff,

Here is a fast, easy solution. When you click a note to add an expression, search for the z shape. This is not to be confused with either of the turn ornaments. If you find it, check to see if it is shape #122. If you don't see it, you can create the shape and playback will not be impacted.

I'll see if I can get on later and provide a more detailed set of steps. Or, you can use the Finale Manual to find out how to create 'new' expression shapes.

Hope this helps.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths