Author
Topic: Finale v26 playback and note input problems

remithornton

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded to Finale 26 and it has messed up my template completely.

All the sound maps with VDL 2.5 are fine, but the play back is all screwed up (everything sounds like buzz rolls for snares, quads sound like wood blocks and cow bells, etc.) and worse - my note input is not working.

Ex: on my MIDI keyboard, I use F# and G# for left hand/right hand hits on snare. The correct sound comes out but when I go to input the note it shows up as an F# or G#, like keyboard music.

I have a message into Finale and several calls to Makemusic but so far it has been fruitless.

Please help!

TBoliske

Finale upgrades require that the XML files be copied from the previous version. If you've done this, then make sure that you are assigning both the percussion midi maps and layouts have been correctly selected.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions or problems.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

remithornton

As far as I know - it was uploaded as an xml.

I am not great with computers

remithornton

It was a musx. I created an xml and it just made it worse. I need to keep my template to write but when I open the xml my template is not there.

TBoliske

Remi,

Review the Read Me documentation that is included with your template purchase. There are several xml files that need to be copied to the MIDI Device Annotation folder. This needs to be done when Finale is upgraded because each new upgrade is a new installation of the software, rather than just updating an already existing version.

Update:

I've had a chance to review a file from Tapspace Support and it appears as though, either the layout maps have been altered or you are using an older version of the templates. You mention VDL 2.5, have you updated to 2.5.5 or are you still using an earlier version of VDL as well?
Ted Boliske

remithornton

I am still on VDL 2.5

Not sure how to update that... :(

TBoliske

To update previous versions of VDL to the most current, you will need to contact Tapspace.
Ted Boliske