Author
Topic: Not all notes mapping correctly

mshoremount

I recently purchased your templates after updating Finale from and OLD version and have using old VDL1 templates and maps.
I am pretty sure I set everything up as per instructions, however not all note are being placed correctly. I am hearing the correct sound, just not seeing in on the correct staff.
For instance, Bass drum unisons. They show up on the bottom line of the staff, not as the slash headed note on the center line of the staff. Other notes map on the staff correctly however.
I saw in another question thread about needing to assign the layout selection in addition to the percussion midi map. I have the percussion midi map set up and VDL maps selected. However, when I open the layout selection, there are no options that reference anything about VDL255. Guessing that's where things are going wrong? bassline is selected there, but again, it doesn't say specifically VDL 255 bassline.

** Update:
I was working out of a score I had copied and pasted wind parts into. Thinking that might have thrown something off, I tried opening a clean template file. The instruments map correctly now on the correct lines of the staves, HOWEVER, I can not get any sounds on that new clean file I started.

Thanks!

OSX 10.14.5
Finale 26.1.0.484
Writescore templates 2014

TBoliske

Glad to hear that one issue has been fixed.

As for the new problem, in the Score Manager have you loaded the VDL sounds into Kontakt? That would be my first thought as to why you're not hearing any sounds.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

mshoremount

Yes. All sounds are loaded into contact.

Problem 1 still isn't fixed. I am not able to access the percussion layouts in the previous score.
Is there a way to copy the layouts from my template file to my older file?

mshoremount

Figured out the mapping issue!!!!

File
Load Library
Selected the VDL2014 library purchased from The write Score
= Success

Seems to work for all my old files now. Just needed to load the new library into the existing document and everything took. Not sure why the midi maps were showing no matter what, but the layout maps were not.

TBoliske

The midi maps will show up because they are available to any Finale files. The percussion layouts are only part of the template files.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths