Author
Topic: Not getting any sounds during playback

chris_18

I have tried setting up the VDL Sibelius template and have followed the instructions in the Read Me pdf. I installed Sibelius version 2019.9, I installed VDL with the Kontakt player, I created a "Sounds" folder for the xml file, and I created the playback configuration in Sibelius. After setting everything up, I am unable to get any playback in Sibelius. I am not super familiar with Sibelius or Kontakt, so I am not sure what to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hugh Smith

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum!

Does VDL playback correctly when in stand alone mode?

Load one of the TriggerTest files and see if it plays back as expected.

Please attach a screenshot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

chris_18

I am not too sure if by playback in stand alone mode, you are talking about Kontakt, but I am able to get VDL to play in Kontakt. After loading one of the TriggerTest files, there is no playback in Sibelius.

Hugh Smith

Playback Configuration looks good. And since the Template soundset is showing up, that tells me it's placed in the correct place on the HDD.

You mentioned 2019.9 for Sibelius. What exact versions of software are you using otherwise?

VDL:
Kontakt Player:
Operating System:
Other?:
Hugh Smith

chris_18

VDL 2.5.5
Kontakt version 6.2.0
MacOS 10.15.1

Hugh Smith

I sent you a PM.
Hugh Smith

chris_18

I was able to contact Tapspace and work out the issue. Somehow when setting up VDL, the instrument folder went missing, so there were no sounds for Sibelius to play. I was able to get the instruments folder onto my computer, and everything is working perfectly. Thank you so much for your help!

Here is a comparison of the instrument folder missing from my VDL folder and when I got it back in the right place. The playback will not work without the instruments folder in the right place