Author
Topic: Service Center

JeffDavis0

I am running Mac OS 10.6.8. I use Sibelius 6 and Sibelius 7. Yesterday I received and installed Virtual Drumline 2.5 and in order to do so had to go to the web to get the proper updated installers for both Drumline and for the Native Instrument Service Center.  After I got all that working, I downloaded Write Score's Template for Sibelius 6 and when I tried to install it I got this error message:  "FAILURE A more recent version of Service Center was found on this computer. Installation will quit."

And things just stopped.  Can't install Write Score's template. 

Now what?

Hugh Smith

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum.

The error is coming from the Native Instruments part of the VDL install. Since you're using Mac 10.6.8, make sure you are installing VDL with the Leopard installer. Here are the instructions.

Our goal right now would be to get VDL (which runs in Kontakt Player 2) to run correctly in stand alone mode.

If that doesn't fix things, we'll go from there.

Late
Hugh
Hugh Smith

JeffDavis0

I have installed VDL and NI properly, they is registered and I am already using VDL in Sibelius.  It is the template from Write Score that will not be registered and the installation fails.  Apparently the version of the template provided is not compatible with what is now required to register and use VDL and NI. 

Hugh Smith

Jeff

The template does not need to be registered. The template installation process consists of copying and pasting a few files from the unzipped zip file to specific places on your hard drive. The very few steps that are required of the template setup are covered in the Readme pdf file. Please review the Readme file again.

The Native Instruments Service Center is for registering VDL and other Kontakt/NI related libraries. The template doesn't have anything to do with NI.

VDL Template 6.0b is designed for Virtual Drumline 2.5.2, which is the latest version from Tapspace. Are you sure you have updated to VDL 2.5.2?

I don't know of any error messages that the template will or can throw due to the template itself. If you're still getting an error message somewhere, I need you to do your best to explain what ALL of the steps you are taking up until the point the error occurs (screen shots are helpful).

We'll get this figured out, hang in there.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

JeffDavis0

At the moment, using Sibelius 6, VDL Sounset 6.0b is showing in my available devices and I am able to move it to Active devices in the playback setup window.  I save it and close it.

When I go to the add instruments panel, however, the templates do not show up on the "choose from" panel, as it they should.  I've updated everything (no easy task!) and put things where they should be according to the instructions.  I've shut down and rebooted several times, but so far the templates are just not available to me.

What next?

Jeff

Hugh Smith

Hi Jeff

You need to open the VDL_Template_6.0b.sib file within Sibelius. This is the file that has all of the VDL instruments that are defined in the template. Once you open this file, you'll see all of the VDL Template choices that are in the template's custom Ensemble (Choose from area).

You can make copies of this file as you need to for your various projects (and rename them), or better yet, follow the directions given in Appendix C on how to Export Manuscript Paper.

Let me know if that gets it for you.

Late
Hugh
Hugh Smith

JeffDavis0

Thanks Hugh.  Precisely just what I needed to know.

Jeff

Hugh Smith

Outstanding!  And if you're curious, I do have plans to make that a little more clear in the documentation for the next version.
Hugh Smith