Author
Topic: Issues with finale 26

gera_the_gerryman

I'm currently running Finale 26 in windows and it seems as if the mapping for non-pitched percussion is messed and up some of the notes wont playback, i tried removing/re-installing the files but that didn't seem to fix it, i even looked at the mapping but because they all say Custom# i cant really tell what note sound is being represented.

heres some videos showing the issue https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zZpi700WkFILsXtZgP_KxtmSNrV5Qiy7

TBoliske

In the Score Manager, check to see if the Perc MIDI Map column is visible in the top box - right side. If it is visible but the map names are italicized select them again to match the maps listed or the the ones you wish to use. Then below, Notation Style should be set to Percussion, click the Settings button and select the notation layout for the MIDI Map you assigned above.

If you don't see the Perc MIDI Map column, click the drop down for Customize View and select  Percussion MIDI Map. The column should now be visible in the upper window.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

gera_the_gerryman

Thanks for the help, funny enough hours after posting this and fiddling with the software itself i figured it out :p