Author
Topic: Template not working with Sibelius Sounds

mmaize

Hello,

I am not getting my low brass sounds to sound with the template. I am currently using Kontakt 5 with the sound set VDL SoundSet 7.0A. For the brass instruments I am using Sibelius Player and the sound set is Sibelius 7 Sounds. I am on macOS Catalina, version 10.15.4 on a MacBook Pro 2018, using Sibelius Ultimate. Thanks.

Hugh Smith

Please attach a screen shot of the Mixer.
Hugh Smith

mmaize

Here you go. I am seeing activity on all strips during playback.

Hugh Smith

On the left side of the Mixer, the top button will toggle more things to see. Expand all, then attach that screenshot. I'd like to see what is being loaded where.

Oh, and go ahead and attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration too.
Hugh Smith

mmaize

Sounds good, here are the pictures (attached)

Hugh Smith

The Mixer needs to be expanded more. Make the top of the Mixer look like the image on page 8 of the Readme file.
Hugh Smith

mmaize

Ah got it, here is the new picture attached.

Hugh Smith

It looks like the playback devices are being selected correctly.

What is the size of the folder where you installed the Sibelius 7 Sounds library? If you're not hearing certain sounds/instruments, there could be something missing.
Hugh Smith

mmaize

hmm i'm not sure, let me know if any of these pictures answer the question.

Hugh Smith

Nope.

See if you can find where you installed the S7S library, then right-click (or equivalent), select Get Info to see the size. It should be around 38GB, or so.
Hugh Smith

mmaize

I think this screen shot shows it- is it the first one? This is from my AVID account, not where I downloaded it, but looks like Sibelius Sounds is 23 GB?

Hugh Smith

Quote from: mmaize on June 13, 2020, 09:11:21 AM
I think this screen shot shows it- is it the first one? This is from my AVID account, not where I downloaded it, but looks like Sibelius Sounds is 23 GB?

That's a compressed archive. What we're looking for is the size of the folder on your computer where the library was installed.

Did you install the S7S library from the download, or from the discs?

Hugh Smith

mmaize

This is what's coming up when I go to the Sibelius folder in my library. Not sure what folder to click on. When I click on the "sounds folder" all that comes up is the second picture posted- an xml file.

Hugh Smith

That's the Sibelius User's folder - items in there look good.

I can't recall the default location for the S7S library. How long ago did you install the library?
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Look at the folder size of "/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius Sounds/Sibelius 7 Sounds" (using QuickLook, via spacebar).

Mine reads "36.85 GB, 9 items".
Hugh Smith