Author
Topic: Sibelius Ult 2020 / VD 2.5.5 Sounds not mapping correctly

garyhouk

Hello,

This is my first time posting to this forum and I'm really hoping someone can help here as I'm very frustrated!

I installed VD successfully into Kontakt. I created a new configuration in Sibelius that uses the soundset VD 2.5. I copied the xml file over into the sounds folder under the application. I then opened the 7.0a template and added in snare, tenor, and bass drum instruments. When I click on the Snare line I hear tenors. When I click on the Tenor staff I hear bass drums. When I click on the bass drum staff I hear cymbals, despite the fact that I didn't add in cymbals. I then went to my mixer. I have a feeling that this is where some of the issue is. The "click" seems to be taking up slot 1, when then forces everything off by one staff. No matter what I have tried I can't assign the slots or change them.

I would be most appreciative of any suggestions. Thanks you sooooo much!

Best Regards,

Gary

Hugh Smith

Hi Gary

What I see so far:

1) Don't use manual sound sets.
2) You need to use the sound set provided with the Template: "VDL SoundSet 7.0a", not "Virtual Drumline 2.5".
3) Please review the Readme file again, particularly the Playback Configuration setup section. (And remember, you can use the TriggerTest files to help verify your setup.)
4) After you've done that, attach a screen shot of your new Playback Configuration.

If your Playback Configuration is setup correctly, then Sibelius will properly do all the patch auto-loading for you - no need to track slot assignments, etc.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

garyhouk

Hi Hugh,

THANK YOU for the reply! Ok, I modified the config. Here are screenshots. While I can see and select all the sounds fine I can't hear anything. I did take a screenshot of the mixer to show that audio signal is being generated. I did double/triple check audio options and it is set to internal/system speakers.

Thanks,

Gary

garyhouk

I also tried switching the active device soundest to VDL Soundset 7.0a, no luck. I also installed Kontakt 5 and changed the settings to work with that and no sound, although the mixer shows activity.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: garyhouk on September 11, 2020, 04:16:34 PM
I also tried switching the active device soundest to VDL Soundset 7.0a, no luck. I also installed Kontakt 5 and changed the settings to work with that and no sound, although the mixer shows activity.

If you don't see "VDL SoundSet 7.0a" in the sound set drop down menu, then that means you haven't copied "VDL_SoundSet_7.0a.xml" from the Template package to the correct folder so Sibelius can see it. What is the exact path you copied it into? This may help finding the right folder.

Let me know how that goes.
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Oh, and since you're on a Mac, you'll want to use the AU version of Kontakt Player in your Playback Configurations.
Hugh Smith

garyhouk

Hey Hugh,

Ok, I definitely am seeing the sound sets with no issue at all. Still no audio. I've attached screen shots of my setup so you can see where I'm at. Please LMK if there is anything else you'd like me to look at. Also, I know that the xml file was copied into the correct sounds folder in the 'show package contents' location.

garyhouk

Hi Hugh,

Any other ideas? I'm really trying to get this working. I've gone over the documentation and it appears that I have set everything up correctly but have now lost half of the weekend in being able to write. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Hugh Smith

Hi Gary

Sorry for the delay. I sent you a PM.

Hugh Smith