Author
Topic: Playback not working in Sibelius

mattb147

Hello,

I believe I have followed all installation steps up to adding instruments in sibelius, but I am not hearing any sounds in playback. I have Kontakt 6 running VDL, I have opened the template and the soundset is active. The only reason I could think this may not be working is - my VST plug-ins from Kontakt are not showing in my library. I cant figure out why this is happening, and reinstallation has not fixed it. I've asked this question in the Native Instruments forum but havent received any help.

I'm running on a Mac 10.14.6. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hugh Smith

Your Playback Configuration looks good. (Since you're on Mac, you want to use the AU version of Kontakt anyway, not the VST.) Well, the Sibelius Player sound set doesn't look right. When testing/working with the following, remove Sibelius Player and just have VDL in the configuration.

1) Can you manually trigger sounds in Kontakt Player when in stand-alone mode? If yes....
2) Do the TriggerTest files playback as expected?
3) What's the exact version of Sibelius?
Hugh Smith

mattb147

That may be the issue, I cant trigger anything inside of Kontakt. I am running 2021.2.

Hugh Smith

If you haven't already, get with the Tapspace guys for help getting VDL loaded properly into Kontakt Player. Then give things another go.
Hugh Smith

gibson.mahnke

Hi Hugh,
I am also having problems with my playback. I am able to playback solo in the Kontakt player (I am using Kontakt 6) but I am getting no playback through Sibelius. I tried the trigger tests and they are also not working.

Hugh Smith

Hi Gibson, welcome to the forum!

Please start a new thread and include the following: a screenshot of your Playback Configuration, and a screenshot of the full path to where you installed the template sound set.
Hugh Smith