Author
Topic: Map Not Playing Correct Sound

sethquadz

Just setup on a new computer and having issues with the maps playing incorrect sounds. So far I have:
- E natural (lower) in octave -1 playing unison bass drum sound instead of unison rim sound (but it does notate a rim)
- All tenor shots for drums 2-high spock pkay drum 1 shot sound, and drums 3/4 play drum 2 shot sound, same for normal drum hits

How do I fix this?

Hugh Smith

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

sethquadz

How do I do that?

TBoliske

when posting a message here, click the 'Additional Options' link. You will see the 'Attach:' button. Click 'Browse' then go to the location on your computer where the screen shot has been saved. Select the image.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

sethquadz

Tried posting but not sure if it went though

sethquadz

More details... when I put "z"s in for buzzes it plays back as double stroke rolls. Not sure what's going on, because all I did was transfer my exact same setup from my old computer to my new computer and the new setup isn't working correctly at all. The keys aren't doing what they're supposed to and the embelishments are different as well.

Hugh Smith

Playback Configuration looks good.

Are you on Windows? What version of Kontakt are you using?

Do the TriggerTest files playback as expected?
Hugh Smith

sethquadz

Windows. Most current version of Kontakt. How do I do a trigger test?

Hugh Smith

So you're running Kontakt 6 Player v6.6.0?

TriggerTest, see page 23 of the Readme.

With Kontakt Player in standalone mode, do the VDL sounds trigger correctly?
Hugh Smith

sethquadz

I actually can't tell what version of kontakt I'm using. I'm pretty sure it's 6 as I went to the Native Instruments site and updated from there. When I run the trigger test it does not play the correct sounds.

Hugh Smith

With Kontakt Player in standalone mode, do the VDL sounds trigger correctly?
Hugh Smith

sethquadz

No

Hugh Smith

Ah, then you'll need to get that sorted out first.

Try reinstalling VDL into Kontakt Player, or get with the fine folks at Tapspace to assist with that part. When you're able to play the sounds when Kontakt is in stand alone mode, come on back if you still need assistance with the Template setup.
Hugh Smith

sethquadz

Ok, reached out to Tap Space and it turns out the maps do trigger correctly in standalone mode. Didn't realize when I previously told you no that it was the trigger tests in Sibelius that played the incorrect sounds. But when I load an instrument in Kontakt those do play the correct sounds. I had Tap Space verify all my file locations and paths, and they said everything looked correct on the VDL side

Hugh Smith

Sending you a PM.....
Hugh Smith