Author
Topic: VDL not playing back in Sibelius

jitkor

I use Windows 10, VDL 2.5.2 and the Write Score 7.0 template. Everything worked perfectly for years. My hard drive got to be full, so I purchased a larger drive and cloned the old one to the new one. It should be an exact copy... and yet my playback in Sibelius completely stopped. I ended up uninstalling and re-installing a copy of Sibelius (version 2018.7) and then my Sibelius sounds began working, but still no VDL sounds. VDL DOES sound in standalone Kontakt player. So I'm sure it's just a pathway issue. Something is in the wrong place. But I don't know how things work and when I read what other's have posted, it sounds like a foreign language to me. I need someone to help. I've fallen two months behind in my writing schedule and I need to get back on track

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Please attach a screenshot of your Playback Configuration.

You also mention VDL 2.5.2. The Template is made to support VDL 2.5.5. Double check which version you're using. (Upgrade if you need to.)
Hugh Smith

jitkor

Problem solved!!!

I went to take the screenshot and noticed that although it said VDL, the soundset was general midi. So I was able to select the VDL template and assign it to be the soundset for VDL, restarted and BOOM. It works now!

Hugh Smith

Perfect! Glad to hear you got it going again.
Hugh Smith